A delicious day tour on foot in Umbria
Walking & tasting the wines of Montefalco is a day tour suitable for all, is a perfect combination of nature and taste, what the region Umbria offers at its best! The wines of MONTEFALCO, Sagrantino and Rosso di Montefalco, are famous all over the world.
The walking tour starts from a winery near the medieval town of Montefalco, in Umbria, in an extraordinary area surrounded by vineyards and olive trees. The winery produces the two main excellences of the territory: wine and extra virgin olive oil, products of high and unique quality, obtained with the most modern techniques of sustainable agriculture but always respecting centuries-old traditions in an area that has always been suited for valuable agriculture. Escorted by an environmental guide, also an expert in winemaking, you will walk among rows and olive groves surrounded by unique and beautiful views in every season of the year.
The walking tour is about 6 km (3,73 miles) long and is suitable for all, even for families with children (over 6 years). It will be a hike at a slow pace, enjoying the scent of the countryside, admiring its colors and different shades of light, preparing yourself to taste the authentic flavors of this land.
After this beautiful walking tour surrounded by nature, you go back to the starting point. At the winery, you will have a visit and a wine tasting or if booked with a typical Umbrian lunch.
Do not miss this exciting experience for the whole family!
Program in short
- Individual arrival at a winery with the possibility to park your car (free of charge).
- Meeting at the winery at 9.00 a.m. with your tour guide (or, upon request, in the afternoon but only for the basic tasting).
- Departure for your hiking tour surrounded by the countryside. Your guide will escort you, explaining the characteristics of the territory and of the area you will walk through.
- At the end of the walking tour of about 6 km (3.73 miles), return to the winery.
- You will visit the winery, the olive oil mill, and then taste the different types of wine among which Montefalco Grechetto, Montefalco Rosso DOC, and Montefalco Sagrantino DOCG.
- Tasting of traditional bruschetta with different types of Extra Virgin Olive oil. As an alternative, you can choose a light lunch with different types of bruschetta, a platter with cold cuts and cheeses, and a typical Umbrian dessert. On request, vegetarian/vegan tasting/light lunch is possible as long as asked at the time of booking.
- After the tasting end of our services.
Walking & tasting the wines of Montefalco
Difficulty: easy (suitable also for families with children over 6). Not too many ascent & descent walking.
Distance: 6 km /3,7 mi
Walking time: about 2-2,5 hours
The difference in level: 250 meters
from March to mid-October every day, on request. For only wine-tasting all days of the week; light lunch is not possible on Sundays.
2 or more people.
START / FINISH:
Montefalco / Montefalco