A delicious day tour on foot in Umbria
This day tour Walking & tasting the wines of Montefalco, suitable for all, is a perfect combination of nature and taste, what the region Umbria offers at its best! The wines of MONTEFALCO, Sagrantino and Rosso di Montefalco, are famous all over the world.
The walking tour starts from a winery near the medieval town of Montefalco, in Umbria, in an extraordinary area surrounded by vineyards and olive trees. The winery produces the two main excellences of the territory: wine and extra virgin olive oil, products of high and unique quality, thanks to the land and plants, which take advantage of a particularly good climate. Escorted by an experienced environmental guide, you will discover Montefalco, its historic centre and the surrounding area: the walking tour is about 7,5 km (4,6 miles) long and is suitable for all, even for families with children (over 6 years). You will walk at an easy pace, enjoying the scent of the countryside, admiring colours and lights, tasting the authentic flavours of this land. You will have stunning views of Assisi, Spello and Trevi on the other side of the valley.
After this beautiful walking tour surrounded by nature, you go back to the starting point. At the winery, you will have a wine-tasting with typical local products or if booked for a typical Umbrian lunch.
Do not miss this exciting experience for the whole family!
Programme in short
- Individual arrival at a winery with possibility to park your car (free of charge).
- Meeting at the winery at about 9.30 a.m. with your tour guide (it is possible to leave earlier or later, according to your needs or, upon request, in the afternoon).
- Departure for your hiking tour to Montefalco and surrounding area (with visit of the historic centre). Your guide will escort you, explaining the characteristics of the territory and of the area you will walk through.
- At the end of the walking tour of about 7,5 km (4,6 miles), return to the winery.
- Tasting of 4 different wines accompanied by local products: Grechetto Colli Martani Doc, Montefalco Rosso DOC, Montefalco Sagrantino DOCG and Montefalco Sagrantino Passito DOCG.
- Tasting of traditional bruschetta, local salami and cheese.Handmade biscuits made with Sagrantino wine.
As an alternative, you can choose a lunch (tasting with the same products – see above – and extra 2 wines, a bruschetta with truffle, and local porchetta (roasted & specie porc). On request a vegetarian tasting/lunch is possible
- After the tasting/lunch, end of our services.
- Return at about 1.30/2.30 p.m.
Walking & tasting the wines of Montefalco
Difficulty: easy (suitable also for families with children over 6). Not too many ascent & descent
Distance: 7,5 km
Walking time: about 3 hours
Difference in level: 280 metres
On request daily all year
2 or more people.
START / FINISH:
Montefalco / Montefalco